One of my wedding gifts from my Mom (and family/friends) was a two-box collection of recipes put together by those beloved family and friends. I hadn’t used them too often until a couple of months ago, when I realized that my neighbor was getting home too late to prepare anything, and I didn’t like cooking for one (and a half). I realized it would be a blessing to both Neighbor Sarah and myself if I cooked a full meal and split it between the two of us. I started shopping according to a schedule of meals for the week and I went straight to my Wedding Recipe Collection for ideas.
Soups can be some of the simplest dinners AND they make great leftovers. This Tortellini Soup is awesomely easy and quick to prepare – and it looks gourmet. It comes from my Seattle friend Kym:
- 1/4 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 14.5 oz cans chicken broth
- 4 oz. frozen cheese tortellini
- 4.5 oz frozen, chopped spinach (thawed)
- 14.5 oz. can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- Brown garlic in large saucepan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat, about 1 min.
- Add broth and tortellini; cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered, about 5 min.
- Add spinach and tomatoes and simmer uncovered, 5 min.